Re: libgparted bug.

On Friday 09 February 2018 04:11:42 Thomas Schmitt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > That is not the problem, something is automounting the partition as
> > soon as gparted unmounts the SOB, so by the time you start the
> > resize, its mounted again and gparted is locked out.
>
> If explicit unmounting does not help, and if manual execution of the
> gparted helper programs shows the same problems, then you will have
> to do it without resizing. I.e. the oldfashioned way of making a new
> partition with a new filesystem into which you copy the files of the
> old filesystem.
>

> Have a nice day :)
>
> Thomas

I killed udev for /dev/sdd, gparted works now. But I really need a
quicker way than editing a udev rule. I wonder if I could make udev
aware that gparted was running.  That would be ideal. So would
meaningfull gparted error reporting without having to wade thru a
kilobyte of (spit) html. I'm going back to bed...

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)