Re: Radiotray fails in stretch

On Sun 21 Jan 2018 at 15:11:14 (+0100), deloptes wrote:
> Curt wrote:
>
> > Of course if the application isn't working that does qualify as a major
> > point in its disfavor.
> >
> > I just read that 'python-xdg' should be a hard dependency, the
> > installation of which has fixed some folks' mortal bugs.
>
> I understand the purpose of this application, however the benefit is
> marginal as the browser is the thing used most of the time (and from the
> said above, problems expected).

Marginal to you, maybe. But there are people who are happy to
spend more on a standalone internet radio than I would pay for
a reasonably specified computer. They don't want the complication.

> I just wonder why it would be the best internet radio player. I recommend to
> add an i infront of "RadioTray" -> "iRadioTray".

Yes, this is important for people who don't get as far as the one-line
description of the package (Description: online radio streaming player),
let alone the paragraph:

"Description-en: online radio streaming player
 This is a simple music streaming player that lives on the system tray.
 By clicking on the RadioTray icon, you'll be presented with a list of
 pre-configured online radios. By selecting one of those radios, it will
 start playing."

> It  would not be
> pretending to be something it is not, because radio is something that is
> being broadcasted on air. the one from the internet is internet radio.

Um, you just wrote, without a hint of proscription:

"When I read first this post I was thinking there is an app for controlling
radio receiver but it turns out it is online radio - WTF! online radio is
not a radio like terrestrial broadcast. Each online radio offers nowdays a
HTML5 stream, which can be automatically played by any HTML5 compatible
browser."

Cheers,
David.