Re: Radiotray fails in stretch

On Saturday, January 20, 2018 5:20:02 PM -03 tony wrote:
> I recently upgraded my jessie laptop to stretch, in accordance with the
> published instructions.
>
> All seems to have gone well, so far, except for one item: Radiotray will
> not run. There is an old bug report against it (814628), which mentions
> dependency issues, but the maintainer reckons it's fixed. My symptoms
> are identical to those in the bug report.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

I just tried it with Stretch. It installs OK and obviously doesn't have any
dependency problems. Starting it just puts an icon into the tray. On clicking
onto it it asks if you want to run it in a tray or. ..
After answering the question (checkbox) it sits in the tray as a grayed-out
icon which is from then on autistic.

Error messages on startup:
01:~$ radiotray
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/radiotray/XmlDataProvider.py:23: PyGIWarning:
Gtk was imported without specifying a version first. Use
gi.require_version('Gtk', '3.0') before import to ensure that the right
version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import Gtk
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/radiotray/AudioPlayerGStreamer.py:64:
FutureWarning: The behavior of this method will change in future versions. Use
specific 'len(elem)' or 'elem is not None' test instead.
  if(cfg_provider._settingExists("buffer_size")):
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/radiotray/SysTray.py:100: PyGIWarning:
AppIndicator3 was imported without specifying a version first. Use
gi.require_version('AppIndicator3', '0.1') before import to ensure that the
right version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import AppIndicator3

(radiotray:8813): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:68:35: The
style property GtkButton:child-displacement-x is deprecated and shouldn't be
used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

(radiotray:8813): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:69:35: The
style property GtkButton:child-displacement-y is deprecated and shouldn't be
used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

(radiotray:8813): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:73:46: The
style property GtkScrolledWindow:scrollbars-within-bevel is deprecated and
shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version
Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.
Sleep Timer, Stops playing after a predefined time, SleepTimerPlugin.py, Carlos
Ribeiro
StationSwitcher, Allows cycling through stations, StationSwitcherPlugin.py,
Mark F
HelloWorld, This is a test plugin, HelloWorld.py, Carlos Ribeiro
started
Notifications, Shows message notifications on the desktop, NotificationPlugin.py,
Carlos Ribeiro
/usr/share/radiotray/plugins/NotificationPlugin.py:25: PyGIWarning: Notify was
imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('Notify',
'0.7') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import Notify
Mate Media Keys, Controls Radio Tray through keyboard multimedia keys,
MateMediaKeysPlugin.py, Ken
Gnome Media Keys, Controls Radio Tray through keyboard multimedia keys,
GnomeMediaKeysPlugin.py, Carlos Ribeiro
History, Shows song history, HistoryPlugin.py, Carlos Ribeiro

And that's it. I don't have any experience with radiotray and have no
suggestions.
Is it still maintaned?
For now I'm going to deinstall it again. No time nor energy to investigate.