Re: Radiotray fails in stretch

On 2018-01-20, Eike Lantzsch <zp6cge@gmx.net> wrote:

>> looks like a shit program to me - just wondering how it got it into debian
>> packages.
>> When I read first this post I was thinking there is an app for controlling
>> radio receiver but it turns out it is online radio - WTF! online radio is
>> not a radio like terrestrial broadcast. Each online radio offers nowdays a
>> HTML5 stream, which can be automatically played by any HTML5 compatible
>> browser.
>>
>> correct me if I am wrong
>>
>> regards
>
> No, I think you're right either way.

Just to be clear this python program is a small utility that sits in
your system tray and allows you to select and listen to online radio
streams, as decoded by the gstreamer librairies--the only dependency
other than some python stuff, it seems.

Why this is invalid because you can also listen to online radio from an
HTML5 compatible browser, I am uncertain (this app is ostensibly
designed to be minimal, whereas HTML5 compatible browsers generally
have maximal tendencies).

Of course if the application isn't working that does qualify as a major
point in its disfavor.

I just read that 'python-xdg' should be a hard dependency, the installation
of which has fixed some folks' mortal bugs.

--
“True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class
is running the country.” – Kurt Vonnegut