Re: Configuring WebHTTrack as I WANT

On 01/21/2018 04:15 AM, Curt wrote:
On 2018-01-20, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

at line 7:	SRCHBROWSEREXE="x-www-browser www-browser iceape mozilla
firefox ...
edited to:	SRCHBROWSEREXE="x-www-browser www-browser iceape mozilla
seamonkey firefox ...

I'm not in agreement with this edit, as you have left 'x-www-browser' at
the head of the list, and the x-www-browser symlink is probably pointing
to firefox and chosen first (finding itself as it does at the head of
the list of possibilities).

I would have put seamonkey at the head of the list, myself.  Could be
wrong, though.

You weren't! <GRIN>
As I replied to davidson, "Having just done a web search for "x-www-browser" I should have searched for the first unknown in what was obviously a prioritized list."

Now, I believe davidson suggested modifying your system-wide default
browser to reflect your seamonkey shenanigans.

Using his directions and with man page open it not only worked but I learned details of what I was doing.

  update-alternatives --config x-www-browser

I guess is the way to do that correctly.

https://wiki.debian.org/HOWTO/DefaultWebBrowser