Re: stretch and DNS name resolution service for other devices on a LAN

Le 19/01/2018 à 16:14, Rob van der Putten a écrit :

If you have got your own IPv6 /48 combined with RFC1918 IPv4 then split horizon DNS is probably a good idea;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split-horizon_DNS

Why ?

My home network also has private IPv4 + global IPv6 addresse and I use split DNS, but not for that reason. I set up split DNS on my DNS server in order to serve both internal (authoritative + recursive) and external (authoritative) queries.