Re: scriptable way to list packages that are not installed

On 17/01/18 02:17, Charlie Gibbs wrote:
> On 16/01/18 12:15 PM, davidson@freevolt.org wrote:
>
>> Is there a natural law or something, that every email message sent
>> must contain at least one distracting error that is totally beside the
>> point?
>>
>> Anyways, over and out.
>
> "Over" means "My transmission is finished; I expect a reply."
> "Out" means "My transmission is finished; I do not expect a reply."
>
> One more distracting error... :-)

Surely it depends on your context. If you're communicating over a radio,
then sure, they mean what you mean. But perhaps it's a quotation
(wiktionary states that "over and out" is mostly used in TV and films).
Perhaps it's a reference to cricket (as in "The over is complete, AND
the batsman is out").