Re: Secure email server setup

On 2018-01-15 00:19, Brian wrote:
> On Sun 14 Jan 2018 at 16:43:53 -0500, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:

>>> If you did not use a mail server, you were not *receiving* email but,
>>> more than likely, *collecting* it.
>> Ok, but it worked and did what I needed to do.  And how many people would
>> perceive a difference between receiving it and collecting it in casual usage of
>> those words and in this context?
> Not many in this context, probably. But precision and the desire to
> educate has never been amongst the strong points of commentators on
> email. You would soon notice the difference if you had to collect
> your mail from a Royal Mail office instead of having it delivered.
> Apart from having to travel to collect it, "spam" control is handled
> differently in each case.

I would not recommend having a emailserver on the same server as a
website, because if the website is compromised the "hacker" can just use
the mail() function
to send emails in your name.
As other people already have said - do you really need emailserver of
this kind?
And why is Thunderbird installed on that particular machine?

/ Jonathan