Re: Secure email server setup

On Monday, January 15, 2018 01:51:30 PM rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> (My understanding of SMTP may be faulty, but, AIUI, if your ISP is your
> SMTP server, email is stored there (unless deleted) (so that you can
> access it from more than one of your computers.

For the record:

   1) My statement above is wrong / misleading.  It turns out that I was
thinking of IMAP when I described a server that keeps email stored on the
(computer with) the IMAP server (often your ISP).

   2) I should usually refrain from discussions on email, although  I set up a
few email servers a long time ago (15 years??) they were cookie cutter copies
of each other, and didn't deal with many things that should be dealt with
these days (and probably should have been dealt with back then).