Re: Frustration over Debian naming

On 13/01/18 07:24 AM, bw <bwtnguy@yahoo.com> wrote:

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 09:07:58 AM bw wrote:

It is a good point, however have you considered the effect of a visual
association along with a word and a number?
<snip>

For me, no--why should I go to that trouble, and even if I did, I'd still have
the issue of which is the latest, so I'd have to do something like visualize
them in some sort of sequence, e.g., a row.

Well, the 'why' was just a suggestion that a visual might help with the
brain game of remembering things that are difficult.  Also, there are
other people in the world that have different brains, and might not care
what is the latest, only what is 'stable' and stretch is stable,
not '9 is stable' or '9.3 is stable' that would not sound right to me,
but like I said I have a bad brain.

However, someday Buster will be the stable release.  A name is always
associated the the same release number. The one exception is "Sid", which is always the unstable release. (Those of you who have seen _Toy Story_ will know why.)

--
cgibbs@surfnaked.ca (Charlie Gibbs)