Re: Keyboard language randomly changes to Arabic(?)

On Thu, 11 Jan 2018, Tim Hume wrote:
> I've encountered a strange problem where my keyboard layout/language
> changes when I'm typing. I'm running on Debian buster, upgraded with
> all the latest updates.

I'm not certain, but I wonder if you're accidentally hitting the layout
switch key when you type '| ' quickly. Often it's mapped to shift-caps
or something like that.

setxkbmap -print; should tell you what your default keymap is set to and
what the possible alternates are. [There may also be an XFCE specific
way of setting this.]

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

"Them as can do has to do for them as can't. And someone has to speak
up for them as have no voices."
 -- Grandma Aching in _The Wee Free Men_ by Terry Pratchett p227