Re: System won't boot anymore after upgrade to jessie

Greg Wooledge wrote:

> I don't actually know how many cpio archives are concatenated together
> in that image.  At least two, obviously, with the first uncompressed
> and the second gzipped.

This kernel is custom, produced on one stretch system. On other stretch
system another custom image is as you describe it. Something must be
responsible for producing those images on stretch in different format. Who
knows what is that exactly - would save me some time - is it automatically
done by size or an option somewhere?

regards