Re: 404 trying to use stretch/backports

Brian wrote:

> I can see what you are saying about mixing stable and unstable but don't
> completely follow it in this case. Only mc and mc-data from unstable are
> needed and the libraries on stable are sufficient to produce a working
> mc. Are you suggesting these libraries could be subject to future change?

Brian, not future - present changes. You compile the code against higher
version of the library and use it with lower version. If the library was
changed (lower -> higher), the program can break when this part of the code
is executed. This might be true for mc or not, we don't know, but the risk
is there. If OP is lucky there won't be an issue, but there is no
guarantee.