Re: [Diagnostic Summary] Re: Strange message during boot

On 01/11/2018 11:35 AM, bw wrote:
[snip]
Sounds complicated, one version of grub but
separate boot partitions always gets me confused too.

Not sure best solution.
But I'm used to it and have not discovered any potholes. YET ;/
I've had it that way since Squeeze in order to force update-grub to be run-able from only one environment. At the time I was doing multiple install in a day to experiment with package complement and configurations.