[Diagnostic Summary] Re: Strange message during boot

I multi-boot several varieties of Debian.
When booting one specific install, it displays many repetitions of:
Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ... done.

It then proceeds to bring up an apparently normal system.
Would this be logged somewhere?
Where?

Specifics:
sda1 - Always has the latest version of Debian, currently 9.1 .
       For housekeeping reasons it has the only copy of Grub
       on my machine.
sda8 - The problem install is Debian 8. It had been my primary work
       install until I trashed some data files. It has been kept to
       reconstruct those files as I have time.
sda9 - Current work install of Debian 9.1

Suggested diagnostics yielded:

root@stretch-2nd:~# ls -l /sbin/init
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 Jun  4  2017 /sbin/init -> /lib/systemd/systemd
root@stretch-2nd:~#

/etc/apt/sources.list indicates the install had been done with:
deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux stretch-DI-rc3 _Stretch_ - Official Snapshot i386 NETINST Binary-1 20170409-00:50]/ stretch main

root@stretch-2nd:~# dlocate /sbin/init
bash: dlocate: command not found
root@stretch-2nd:~#

journalctl -xb > jan11test
The string of interest not present.

/usr/share/initramfs-tools/ does not exist
/etc/initramfs-tools/scripts has 10 empty folders