Re: System won't boot anymore after upgrade to jessie

> The driver policy file? It is safe to just remove it?

Yes. It is a left-over from something. It is old and it is certainly not
needed, it is just annoying.

Ok

I had it on my Wheezy systems and removed it during the upgrade to
Jessie, because it was causing the same problems you had.

> Btw, isn't a bit dangerous to use -kall? The documentation says the kall
> will make the change affect all the initramfs on the machine. If the one
> actually working gets modified and starts to have problems I could not be
> able to boot for good, couldn't?

In theory. But this change just makes your initramfs more universal and
thus more likely to boot on different hardware than breaking anything.

Got it! Thank you very much!