Re: System won't boot anymore after upgrade to jessie

In the end, changing in
/etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/driver-policy
MODULES=dep to MODULES=most and
and then
update-initramfs -u -k 3.16.0.4-amd64 (in my case it was that the problematic kernel)
did the trick.

My debian is booting correctly again! Thank you very much to all of you!

Elisabetta

Elisabetta Falivene <e.falivene@ilabroma.com> wrote:

>>> Unfortunately is already 'most'.

>> Please check if you have a file /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/driver-policy
>> or any other file containing a different configuration. Anything in
>> /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/ takes precedence over the main config file.

> Thank you, it was "dep" indeed!

Then remove those additional files, check that MODULES=most is set in
/etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf, do a "update-initramfs -u -kall",
and you should be good to go.

> Reading here, though I think they were talking about ubuntu, (
> https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1365365) there is a module to
> manage raid called dmraid. Maybe including that could solve the problem?

No, dmraid is for Controller-based SoftRAID, often used with Windows.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.