Re: please help! debian won't boot

When you downloaded what you used to install debian, did the file have a .torrent on the end of it? If not you may have better luck by using a bittorrent client and downloading the torrent form of the file. Reason is integrity checks get done as you download and it could be you got a bad download using another form of download file. Another suggestion I would make since you may have some pretty far out hardware is to download the image that starts with firmware- and ends with .torrent. It should also have x86 somewhere in the name of the image to match as closely as possible your hardware. Good luck.

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017, Jason Brenkus wrote:

Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 02:02:29
From: Jason Brenkus <jasonbrenkus@gmail.com>
To: Ionel Mugurel Ciob?c? <I.M.Ciobica@gmail.com>,
    debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: please help! debian won't boot

By cursor what I mean is a flashing underscore line. I tried reinstalling
grub2 using super grub. At first I didn't think anything happened, but now
I'm getting more then a blinking cursor.  The screen now says #floppy0: no
floppy controllers found
# r8169 0000:03:00.0 eth0: link up
# Ipv6: ADDCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready.

I tried to record the script that show before this screen and it looks like
there is a lot loading, but I saw one place in the script that had a red
FAILED and it looks like it says #failed to start load kernel modules
It would probably be easier to reinstall, but I'm trying to learn linux.
Any more suggestions?

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Ionel Mugurel Ciob?c? <