Re: please help! debian won't boot

On 13-12-2017, at 01h 41'15", Jason Brenkus wrote about "please help! debian won't boot"
> I am a novice to linux, and I'm in over my head. I'm not sure what went
> wrong or went. I am running Jessie. On startup the pc begins to load and
> then goes to a screen with nothing but a cursor. Then nothing happens no
> matter how long i wait. If i boot in to recover mode i get a screen that
> says #IPv6: ADDRCONF (NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready. And no
> amount of waiting changes it. I had trouble getting the correct drivers for
> my gpu which is a amd radeon r9 270 i believe. The last thing i did before
> the system didn't boot was install a mining program.

Hi,

Not knowing that is wrong I would reinstall grub. Boot with a live
disk or with the install disk and reinstall grub. If you need help
with all the steps please ask. But also try to capture the last two
lines or so when the system is booting before it gets to the blank
screen. It is important to know if the system stops before or after

Good luck.

Ionel

P.S. I took the liberty to correct debain into debian.