Re: unison compatibility in stretch

On 2017-12-13, Tony van der Hoff <lists@vanderhoff.org> wrote:

> It seems the unison developers are a little careless with compatibility
> issues. This situation has arisen previously, then overcome by unison-all.
>
> Thanks for your suggestion of syncthing; I'll give that a go...

Sorry for butting in once again, but you do have unison-all installed,
the metapackage which allows specifically for the -addversionno "kludge" by
bringing in versions 2.32 and 2.40 as per the following post curiously
similar to your case (two machines, one with Debian Jessie and one with
Debian Stretch)

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/233504/how-to-use-multiple-versions-of-unison-on-one-system

and then working around the eventual minor version number truncation
bug, if indeed it still exists, as per my previous cryptic message.

--
"The world is full of shipping clerks who have read the Harvard Classics."
— Charles Bukowski