Re: unison compatibility in stretch

On 12/12/17 11:58, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> On Monday, 11 Dec 2017 at 10:36, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> No:
>>
>> tony@tony-lx:~$ unison -addversionno tony
>> Contacting server...
>> bash: unison-2.48: command not found
> But you do need to install the various versions you may to use on the
> server.  Then the client can request to use the version that it has by
> using that option.
>
> So install unison-2.48?

The server is running Jessie, the repository does not contain 2.48.
There appears to be no backport.
The client is running Stretch. Its repository does not contain anything
other than 2.48.

>From what I can see froom googling, there is an incompatibility in one
of the underlying libraries (ocaml?), which prevents Unison 2.48 being
built for Jessie, or Unison 2.40 being built for Stretch.

There doesn't appear to be an alternative for both jessie and stretch.
What a mess!