Re: EDA software.

On 06.12.17 08:57, peter@easthope.ca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At https://wiki.debian.org/DebianTinker/Desktop#EDA is a list of
> packages for electronics design automation.  According to various
> documents, Electric, Fritzing and gEDA, at least, can help to create
> schematics.  I use librecad but have never used schematic construction
> software.  Which of the EDA packages will be a good starting point?
> Is any integrated with Librecad?

Because Kicad and Geda were still in early development when I needed
schematic capture and PCB layout, I ended up learning Eagle, and have
found it very good. It's a commercial offering, but free for private
use, limited to 80 x 100 mm double sided in that version. I don't know
the current price of a full version.

As learning one GUI package was hard enough, I figure I'll just pay up
if I should ever make a board to sell.

It is a pain that the Eagle community is a newsgroup, rather than a
mailing list. There are innumerable libraries of component macros on
their website.

I've never seen Librecad.

Erik