Re: Debian 8 and Debian 9 Dual Boot

Dan Norton composed on 2017-12-27 18:59 (UTC-0500):

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> Based on what I see and what you say, it seems you are modifying the timeout for
>> Stretch (/etc/default/grub on vol2), but actually booting Stretch from Jessie's
>> grub.cfg (/etc/default/grub on vol1), which remains configured to 3 seconds.

> That seems reasonable, but I've tried modifying the timeout after
> booting each of the installations. The timeout remains immutable. It's
> as if update-grub is not using what is in grub.d for timeout value. But
> where does 3s come from?
     There's nothing to do with timeout in /etc/grub.d/ anyone but packager
owner and/or upstream should be touching. If you can't control timeout
exclusively via /etc/default/grub and update-grub, then it must be time to ask
grub people via
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-grub or report a bug.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/