Re: Experiences with BTRFS -- is it mature enough for enterprise use?

On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 09:48:09PM +0200, Eero Volotinen wrote:
>    use XFS, it's mature and suitable for big storage. (or gluster or cehp?)

I second XFS for your application.  Another to consider might be JFS.
Either one of those would be very mature and suitable for the
enterprise.  I don't have any real experience with JFS, but I used XFS
for many years starting in 2002 or 2003.  These days the sorts of
applications I work with don't really call for delving deeply enough to
warrant worrying about the filesystem, but it sounds like something that
merits evaluation in your case.

In one of the early applications that I dealt with we had very large
files (on the order of 10s to 100s of GB, which was rather large in
those days.  On ext3, a file removal could take many minutes.  The
performance for ext2 was a bit better, but of course you take on added
risk with a non-journaled filesystem.  XFS, on the otherhand, could
delete a multi-100 GB file just quickly as it could delete a 1 KB file.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez