Re: Experiences with BTRFS -- is it mature enough for enterprise use?

use XFS, it's mature and suitable for big storage. (or gluster or cehp?)

Eero

26.12.2017 21.45 "Rick Thomas" <rbthomas@pobox.com> kirjoitti:

Is btrfs mature enough to use in enterprise applications?

If you are using it, I’d like to hear from you about your experiences — good or bad.

My proposed application is for a small community radio station music library.
We currently have about 5TB of data in a RAID10 using four 3TB drives, with ext4 over the RAID.  So we’re about 75% full, growing at the rate of about 1TB/year, so we’ll run out of space by the end of 2018.

I’m proposing to go to three 6TB drives in a btrfs/RAID5 configuration.  This would give us 12TB of usable data space and hold off til the end of 2024 before needing the next upgrade.

Will it work?  Would I be safer with ext4 over RAID5?

Thanks in advance!
Rick