Re: LUKS password gets printed as stars

On 2017-12-20, Richard Hector <richard@walnut.gen.nz> wrote:

> On 21/12/17 02:02, Curt wrote:
>> Also, I'm uncertain whether suppression of the asterisk-echo qualifies
>> as "security by obscurity"
>
> I think most people accept that obscurity is quite reasonable for
> passwords ...
>
> Richard

Wonderful, Dick, however, I was referring to the specific expression
"security by (or through) obscurity," which denotes something else.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_through_obscurity

--
"An autobiography is only to be trusted when it reveals something disgraceful.
A man who gives a good account of himself is probably lying, since any life