Re: LUKS password gets printed as stars

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 11:58 PM,  <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> So you might try to write your own agent, or file a wishlist
> bug.

I want *default* password agent to be consistent with traditional *Nix
password handling. And that is echoing NOTHING at all.

I am amazed that at times I had to defend not wanting stars(*) getting
echoed on terminal on *Linux* box. That should have been other way
around. That is the onus to defend should be on the one who wants
stars(*) being echoed on Terminal.

Anyways, thank you for helping me out! I learned a thing or two thanks to you!

And I just filed a bug report [0]. if anybody interested they can
follow the discussion there.

[0] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=884788

Regards,
Avinash Sonawane (rootKea)