Re: No Sound - Puzzle

The channels in alsamixer are not muted. All show MM and I have used the m key to turn them off and back on to be sure.

I will reinstall pulseaudio and try to select the appropriate input. I thought there might be a setting in ogg123 to select the sound card to use but the man page directed me to /etc/libao.conf. which contains two lines:

default_driver=alsa

quiet

Is there another setting other than quiet? But this can't be the problem. ogg123 file.ogg plays file when the line out cable is connected to the onboard sound card.