Re: No Sound - Puzzle

I would like to try this but there is no pamixer. apropos pulseaudio shows many pa... commands but no pamixer. apt-cache search pamixer  returns a blank line.

On 11/15/2017 09:45 PM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
please try all of this using pamixer, pulseaudio is controled by its own mixer software not by alsamixer.  Remember pulseaudio when installed manages alsa and not the other way around.

On Wed, 15 Nov 2017, Thomas George wrote:

Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 18:21:07
From: Thomas George <lists@tomgeorge.info>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: No Sound - Puzzle

From a terminal run alsamixer, f6, select Xonar DSX

On another terminal cd to a directory of ogg files, start a playback of a file.

Oh the desktop start pulse audio volume control. Monitor shows strong active playback levels

Switch to terminal running alsamixer, mute master front which mutes all output channels.

Return to desktop pulse audio volume control, monitor continues to show strong active playback levels even though alsamixer thinks all output channels muted!

The music goes down and around and comes out nowhere!