Re: how to enable trim for an external encrypted SSD?

Am Sat, 11 Nov 2017 14:13:12 +0100 schrieb Christian Seiler:

> Also, did you mount the device with -o discard or set that option with
> tune2fs (_before_ mounting it)?

No, not now. I want to use fstrim in favour to the discard option. But
I've tested it with an Arch Linux installation with a more fresh kernel.
There both vairante (fstrim and discard-option in fstab) fails too. In
case of the discard option, the error is written to the logs.

> What does the command
> findmnt | grep /media/jd/TEST

$ findmnt | grep /media/jd/TEST
├─/media/jd/TEST                      /dev/sdg1          ext4
rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,data=ordered

$ sudo lsblk -D
[sudo] password for jd:
NAME   DISC-ALN DISC-GRAN DISC-MAX DISC-ZERO
sda           0      512B       2G         0
├─sda1        0      512B       2G         0
└─sda2        0      512B       2G         0
sdb           0        0B       0B         0
sdg           0        0B       0B         0
└─sdg1        0        0B       0B         0

In this case, sda is a internal SSD (Samsung EVO) with working TRIM and
sdb is a HDD.