Re: how to enable trim for an external encrypted SSD?

Am Mon, 06 Nov 2017 14:28:32 +0100 schrieb Christian Seiler:

> I don't what you want is possible. When you plug in an external drive
> (that is _not_ in /etc/fstab etc.) the process of how it gets mounted is
> different:
>     tune2fs -o +discard /dev/external_disk_device

My drive has arrived and even a ext4 without LUKS fails to (fs)trim the
mount! Any idea why?

~~~~
$ sudo hdparm -I /dev/sdg1
	   *	Data Set Management TRIM supported (limit 8 blocks)
	   *	Deterministic read data after TRIM
$ sudo fstrim /media/jd/TEST
fstrim: /media/jd/TEST: Verwerfungsvorgang wird nicht unterstützt.
~~~~