Re: Wanted - a Debian handheld

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 09:06:22AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 11/10/2017 08:30 AM, Darac Marjal wrote:
On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 02:24:18PM +0000, Darac Marjal wrote:
On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 06:37:28AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
I've asked a very similar question on two fora and received useful
feedback. I've revised my feature list.

Must:

Given JUST these requirements, almost any android device will
suffice.

*BUT* The subject line did explicitly state "Debian" for two

True. The message claimed to be about Debian handhelds, but it actually wasn't.
reasons:
 1. exclude Android devices.
 2. restrict discussion to my preferred Linux.

I've been literal minded for over 70 years and bull headed for most of it ;/

[snip]

Oh, and I've remembered another alternative, the Purism Librem 5[2].
This is NOT available in the U.S. (though it should be in the coming
months), but it's a 5" touchsceen smartphone with USB hosting
capability, and a hardware kill-switch for disabling baseband
(cellular) radio.

[2] https://puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

That's going in the right direction. We'll see if I haven't found another solution by the time its available in the U.S.

--
For more information, please reread.