Wanted - a Debian handheld
I've asked a very similar question on two fora and received useful
feedback. I've revised my feature list.
1. be currently available from U.S. retail vendor.
2. have a physical form factor similar to a "smartphone".
3. have provision for using an _optional_ full size keyboard.
[A permanently attached keyboard is undesirable.]
4. have touchscreen display.
5. be able to read/write a USB flash drive (preferably FAT32 or ext2).
6. not have cell network connectivity as purchased.
Raspberry Pi was suggested on both fora. I investigated it and
Beaglebone. Both are uncomfortably DIY. Minimally acceptable would be a
parts list [including case and battery] known to work together.