Re: Handhelds that conviently run Debian

On 11/08/2017 08:15 AM, Dan Ritter wrote:
On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 07:50:21AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
On a regional mailing list I had described what I'm looking for as a tablet.
That seems to include things that fold.  Although I *DON'T* want a
"smartphone", that physical form factor is desirable. It must be available
as "new" from a U.S. retailer.

I have a preference for x86 processors, that is not a requirement.
I would like to use with a USB keyboard.
It will be used for simple data collection and data will be transferred to
home system primarily via a USB flash drive.

I suspect I've some unrecognized assumptions.
Suggestions please.

You might be looking for a palmtop or a netbook. A palmtop is an
ultra-mini laptop with a keyboard, screen, storage and I/O. A
netbook is simply a small, low-powered laptop.

I'm not looking for anything with a keyboard as part of the unit.
The possibility for using a separate full size USB connected keyboard is desirable.
Think Palm Pilot updated to current technology.

Thank you.