Re: [SOLVED] Re: Why does resolv.conf keep changing?

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 02:26:35PM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:

> In any event, thanks to all who helped and who provided hints on things
> to investigate/try.  Later today I will update the poorly written wiki
> article [0] to explain that immutable is a troubleshooting approach and
> I will add documentation about how to properly configure dhclient when
> changes to /etc/resolv.conf are undesirable.

I finally got around to updating the wiki page today.  Here is the link
for those who wish to have it as a reference or perhaps would like to
contribute to further improving it:

https://wiki.debian.org/resolv.conf

I also made a comment to https://bugs.debian.org/860928 regarding the
temporary files that dhclient leaves cluttering /etc if the mv to
/etc/resolv.conf fails (e.g., because it is immutable).

I also filed https://bugs.debian.org/879949 as a wishlist bug to have
dhclient-script include a header comment in /etc/resolv.conf.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in the thread.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez