Re: Why does resolv.conf keep changing?

>> With such a setup, your host should correctly use your local `bind`
>> server, and if you ever stop your `bind` server it should start using
>> your ISP's server instead.  And when you restart your `bind` server, it
>> will switch back to using that.
> That is not at all what I am trying to accomplish.  I simply want
> resolv.conf to be left alone.  As I do not have resolvconf even
> installed, I don't think I am asking too much.

Don't worry, you can ask whatever you want and I won't judge if it's too
much or too little: It's not like I (nor anyone else for that matter)
have to provide you with what you want, anyway.

I just gave you a solution to your underlying problem, which *uses* the
infrastructure rather than fighting it.  I won't force you to use it, tho.

        Stefan