Re: when do I get a browsere that will do internet purchases?

On Thursday 19 October 2017 14:08:59 Dan Ritter wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 01:55:00PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Since the last update to firefox-esr, none of the usual internet
> > buying options work, or even show up after you've clicked add to
> > cart.
> >
> > clamav also claims that ~/firefox/browser/omni.ja is infected,
> > with but several re-installs of firefox-esr has not affected that.
> > Turned into clamav, as an FP, it was ignored because I assume its
> > not an FP.
> >
> > Can this please be looked at?
> >
> > I'd use chromium, but it does not remember firefox passwds that I
> > can find and recall for use again next week.
>
> ~/firefox is not created by your debian-installed firefox-esr.
> Are you invoking something else?
>
> If you aren't invoking something else, perhaps you should be:
> I find running upstream firefox reasonable:
>
> https://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-56.0.1-SSL&os=linux64&la
>ng=en-US
>
> and then unpack it and make sure you are running that particular
> executable.
>
> -dsr-

I have it AFU now. Unpacked it to my home/src directory, then tried to
run the updater in it.

Gets this:
ene@coyote:~/src/firefox$ ./updater
./updater: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-3.so.0: cannot
gene@coyote:~/src/firefox$ sudo ./updater
./updater: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-3.so.0: cannot
gene@coyote:~/src/firefox$

So: ldconfig -v | grep libgtk-3.so and pick this out of the mess:
       libgtk-3.so.0 -> libgtk-3.so.0.400.2

So its there, in: (locate output)
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0.400.2

What do I do next?  This is wheezy, fully uptodate.

Thank you

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)