Re: Supper slow USB disk

The whole idea for changing the content came from the fact that my usb drives were mounting as read-only for non-root users, so I tried to fix it and no luck. So at the end I removed my entries for removable media.
I still have that very problem of read-only removable media for my user.

On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 6:40 PM, Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:
On Sun, 1 Oct 2017 18:26:58 +0330
Mostafa Shahverdy <mostafa@mostafa.info> wrote:

> Maybe this is something with my /etc/fstab? because I tried to change
> the content. Right now there is no entry for my USB disk there.

On the whole, there is no need for entries for removable media
in /etc/fstab, unless you have some really specific need. The wretched
systemd handles automounting of removable drives in a per-user
directory.

If you do put removable media entries in /etc/fstab, you need to put
nofail among the options, or else boot will fail when they are not
present (my first-ever systemd gotcha).

--
Joe