Re: Security updates for Chromium on Debian Jessie

Hi, Sven.

On 28/09/17 14:13, Sven Joachim wrote:

>> In the last DSA for the chromium-browser package (DSA-3985-1) I noticed
>> that the updates were released for stable, testing and unstable but not
>> for oldstable. I think the same thing happened with the previous update.
>>
>> Maybe I'm missing something and Chromium on Jessie is no longer getting
>> security updates?

> It seems that the maintainer is overworked and cannot provide Jessie
> updates for chromium anymore[1].  Somebody else said he might be looking
> at it[2], but that was six weeks ago and nothing happened so far.
>
> So while it is not clear when chromium in jessie will be EOL'ed, it
> seems advisable to switch to some other browser for now (if you want a
> package from Debian, firefox-esr is the only option).
>

> 1. https://lists.debian.org/debian-security/2017/07/msg00009.html
> 2. https://lists.debian.org/debian-security/2017/08/msg00010.html

Thanks for the observation and the references. I was not aware of this.

Here I am using both Firefox and Chromium since sometimes I need to test
some things in both browsers (for example some WebRTC application such
as Jitsi Meet).

Thanks for your reply.

Kind regards,
Daniel