Re: Security support for chromium in jessie

On 31/07/17 05:23, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I do not have enough free time to be able to keep up with security
> updates to chromium in jessie (oldstable) any more.  It is technically
> feasible to keep it working in a jessie environment, but each update
> has been more and more work.  I expect that to continue.
>
> Anyway, if anyone would like to take this on (perhaps the LTS team?)
> please do so.  You would need to either be a DD or have a regular
> sponsor for it to be practical.  If that doesn't happen within about a
> month, I'll announce that security support for chromium in jessie has
> been discontinued.

I think we should do this for as long as it's reasonably possible, given firefox
updates will get harder and harder (they will require newer versions of rustc,
which may need to be bootstrapped) so having another supported browser is a good
idea. So I may looking at this.

Cheers,
Emilio