Re: Can't find the DNS Servers

	Hi.

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 01:53:17PM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
<Belkin DHCP server rant skipped>
> Would I be happier if I could use a more elegant solution?  Yes.

Being disappointed with built-in Zyxel DHCP server I merely disabled it
and set up a proper ISC DHCP server. I don't know, it's probably
unelegant to you, but it's not a DHCP server unless ISC made it.

> Should the dhclient program have a CONFIG FILE OPTION to say
> "NEVER TOUCH THE resolv.conf FILE"?  YES!
>
> Does it?  NO!

I need to ask - what are you using instead of proper DHCP client?
Every DHCP client worthy of its name (ISC one, for instance) allows one
to redefine every part of client configuration via hooks.
For instance dhcpcd that I use has this specific example in its manpage:

So to stop dhcpcd from touching your DNS settings or starting
wpa_supplicant you would do:- nohook resolv.conf, wpa_supplicant

> Do I expect it ever to have one in the future?  BWA-hahahaha!  No.

But the future *is* here already.

> So we use what works, because the other choices don't fucking work.

Tsk, tsk. Language. Also, of course they work.

Reco