Pidgin/XMPP SSL

Hi all,

I use pidgin with XMPP (prosody on the server). Pidgin is the Jessie
version (2.11.0)

My server doesn't have the same hostname as my XMPP id domain, and I
haven't (yet) set up srv records, so I have the Advanced->Connect server
option set to the hostname of my server.

Prosody is configured to have a certificate for the VirtualHost, which
is my XMPP id domain, as explained it its documentation.

Pidgin, however, gets that certificate and complains that it doesn't
match the host it connected to.

Is that a pidgin bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Richard