Re: Nvidia Quadro FX880M and debian sid

Le 14/09/2017 à 20:18, Jimmy Johnson a écrit :
>> P-S : lspci
>>
>> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT216GLM [Quadro
>> FX 880M] (rev a2)
>
> I do not know that nvidia card, but for nvidia I know two packages that
> need to be installed, 'xserver-xorg-video-nvidia' this package is nvidia
> version 375.xx and is the current nvidia for Sid/Testing and the other
> package is 'nvidia-driver', maybe installing package nvidia-driver will
> pull-in all you need, I don't remember, but this is the driver I run on
> this machine with geforce gt610.

Hello,

For my card, it seems I need the legacy 340 driver (and
xserver-xorg-video-nvidia-legacy-304xx). It is what nvidia-detect says
and I have a warning message about this when installing nvidia-driver
and xserver-xorg-video-nvidia.

I tried anyway to install server-xorg-video-nvidia and nvidia-driver
because my card is listed as compatible in the 375.82 notes [1] (Quadro
FX 880M is listed).

[1]
http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/375.82/README/supportedchips.html

With 375.82 driver, I have a resolution problem (start in 640x480) but I
suppose I can fix it in xorg.conf. More important, I am still unable to
suspend or hibernate. The laptop never wakes up.

So 375.82 is the same for me than 340xx.

I stick for now with the nouveau driver despites the graphical glitches
(suspend is more important for me in this moment).

I am still *very* interesting by any solution either to be able to
suspend with nvidia-driver (340) or to fix the bug of nouveau driver. I
am pragmatical in this case and will use whatever works best.

Pétùr