Re: Scanner problem

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 08:32:34AM +0200, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
Should I reportbug to libsane to add it in 60-libsane.rules? Because if I add
in /etc/udev/rules.d/60-libsane.rules as mentioned by the doc, it no longer
detects my EPSON (bcecause it bypasses /lib/udev/rules.d/60-libsane.rules). Or
is it useless and should I be happy enough with setting my own conf file?

Please report it.

Actually I added to /lib/... but your opinion would be nice about reporting bug
or not.

If you add it to /lib it will be overwritten if there are any security updates or other changes to the libsane package until the scanner is added to the package. What you can do is copy the entire /lib/udev/rules.d/60-libsane.rules file (plus your addition) to /etc/udev/rules.d/60-libsane.rules, which will be preserved on upgrades and should then have lines for both scanners.
Mike Stone