Buster SSH

Is there something peculiar with SSH on Buster?

The key login doesn't seem to work very well -- root going out works
to hosts (Wheezy, Jessie, and the one before Wheezy), but the user
(me) doesn't. And nothing works coming in. Everything is fine on the
non-Buster hosts.

I bought a laptop recently, pulled out the Winders, and installed
Buster (testing and non-free have software to make the thing work).

Since the dark ages, I've been able to get around to several places
with the same .ssh directory and the same login key.

I've had to enable login by password to access hosts that've worked
before. I've got ssh-client and ssh-server installed.

--
Glenn English