Re: libreoffice base crashes when writing HSQLDB

On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 14:52:29 +0200
Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org> wrote:

> >  I have reasonable success with data access
> > using mysql, the part I have major trouble with is report writing,
> > which
>
> Would work.
>
> > stopped altogether for a couple of weeks recently. I had to resort
> > to writing a php report generator for the specific one I needed
> > quickly.
>
> The Report Builder also is Java...

Yes, it's the only bit of Base I use that does need Java. It works
poorly at best, and it just stopped for a while. No bits missing, as
far as I could see, bearing in mind that I run sid, but no dice.

I fired up my wife's computer and used Access to get the job done
immediately, but I've been trying to leave Access for ten years or
more, so I had a go with fpdf with php, and can now produce my most
important reports (i.e. invoices) if Base goes walkabout again.

--
Joe