Re: libreoffice base crashes when writing HSQLDB

On 9/10/17, Flo <debianflo@gmx.at> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Libreoffice is working for me except for Base.
>
> This means when I want to create a (or use an existing) database
> libreoffice crashes immediately without giving any information.
>
> I open libreoffice and click to open a new database (HSQLDB Embedded).
> Then Finish and I am asked about the name of the database. I enter the
> name, click Save and then comes the crash. A database file is created,
> though.
>
> I am using Debian testing.
>
> I haven't found anything in the web. Can anyone help me?

Try running "libreoffice --base" in a terminal window, and see if that
gets you viable error messages. I just tested it, and it did bring up
the Database Wizard.

It's just something I picked up along the way about how Libreoffice
opens each feature. "--calc" gets the k/t for having taught me that a
long time ago and most likely via a right click over an Applications
menu entry... or something similar.. a long time ago... :)

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with duct tape *