Re: libreoffice base crashes when writing HSQLDB

On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 23:00:49 +0200
Flo <debianflo@gmx.at> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Libreoffice is working for me except for Base.
>
> This means when I want to create a (or use an existing) database
> libreoffice crashes immediately without giving any information.
>
> I open libreoffice and click to open a new database (HSQLDB Embedded).
> Then Finish and I am asked about the name of the database. I enter
> the name, click Save and then comes the crash. A database file is
> created, though.
>
> I am using Debian testing.
>
> I haven't found anything in the web. Can anyone help me?

Sadly, no, Base is extremely flaky, and doesn't seem to have many
users. Chicken and egg.

Is there a possibility of using a different data type, or of also
running mysql/mariadb? I have reasonable success with data access using
mysql, the part I have major trouble with is report writing, which
stopped altogether for a couple of weeks recently. I had to resort to
writing a php report generator for the specific one I needed quickly.

Has this ever worked for you?

--
Joe