Re: Stretch vim doesnt cut and paste

	Hi.

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 03:38:10PM +1200, Richard Hector wrote:
> On 21/08/17 05:31, Reco wrote:
> > In jessie and before that one could put needed customizations
> > into /etc/vim/vimrc (and it works as of stretch)
> > or into /etc/vim/vimrc.local (and it's ignored in stretch).
>
> Looking at a stretch box (installed clean, not upgraded), /etc/vim/vimrc
> has this at the bottom:
>
> " Source a global configuration file if available
> if filereadable("/etc/vim/vimrc.local")
>   source /etc/vim/vimrc.local
> endif
>
> So it should be read. Is yours not readable by the user? (I don't have
> one at all; I haven't felt the need yet)

No, permissions for /etc/vim/vimrc.local are 644.
The problem is (had to use strace to figure this one out) that on vim
start /etc/vim/vimrc.local is read first, and
/usr/share/vim/vim80/defaults.vim after it.

Therefore any customizations put into /etc/vim/vimrc.local can be
overridden by defaults.vim, which is happpening for 'mouse' and
'incsearch' at least.

Unless you forbid vim to interpret defaults.vim at all.
It can be achieved by creating user's .vimrc, or 'g:skip_defaults_vim=1'.

Reco