Re: Stretch vim doesnt cut and paste

	Hi.

On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 13:56:15 +0200
Rob van der Putten <rob@sput.nl> wrote:

> Hi there
>

> After a upgrade from jessie to stretch I can't use the mouse to cut and
> paste in vim.
> nvi works, nano works.
> As quick fix I removed xxd and installed the jessie version of vim,
> vim-common and vim-runtime. This does work.

A known problem. Apparently upstream thought (and Debian maintainer
followed) that it would be good idea to enable so-called 'mouse support'
in vim. As a result X cutbuffer ceased to function in vim.
They also enabled 'incremental search' by default too, which is
annoying to say the least.

It took me some time to figure a way to disable these 'innovations'
systemwide, but I got it:

echo let g:skip_defaults_vim = 1 >> /etc/vim/vimrc.local

Reco